Wednesday 23 December 2015

The sunset

THE SUNSET 
Down this dusty path
Across the silent stream 
Through the already darkening forest 
I hold my breath 
As i jump over the thick bushes 
Leaves and the woods already cold 
And the crickets singing they songs 
A sigh of relief, 
As i finally come to the clear land 
All spread out like a dead lawn
The scary forest i see from behind
I see the hut from a far 
Across the valley up the hill 
I can literally count my footsteps 
With the labyrinths to the village 
Winding upwards, 
Humbly spaced out 
I sneeze and cough 
The dust, maybe 
Tired, definitely 

http://poetry.com

I write this as i silently watch the sun beautiful vanish into the west 


2 comments:

My art, My love, My life, My all.

Welcome to my blog. It's all about my own written poems and articles on how to improve on your poetic skills. Hope you like it.